Located 160km from the very Northern tip of Queensland, Australia, Papua New Guinea is the adventure travellers paradise. From birdwatching, diving, hiking, and surfing, there are activities and experiences for everyone.
Once rarely visited by Western nations, Papua New Guinea receives around 5,000 British nationals every year. This figure was boosted last year thanks to new cruise itineraries and increased flight connections.
This year, I will be one of those 5,000 British nationals. Working with Papua New Guinea Tourism, I will be taking a 12-day trip to Papua New Guinea as their first Blogger Ambassador. This will be an incredibly exciting and humbling experience, and one I cannot wait to start.
Looking through some of PNG Tourism's official pictures, the vibrant colours and scenery blew my mind, so I thought a great place to start my Papua New Guinea blog posts would be with 13 incredible pictures of the stunning landscape, volcanic scenery and people of Papua New Guinea. Enjoy!
1. A BOY CANOEING IN CLEAR WATERS
2. YOUNG TROBRIAND ISLAND BOYS IN TRADITIONAL BILAS
3. TRIBAL DANCING AT THE MOUNT HAGEN SHOW
4. TOLAI DUK DUK CEREMONY
5. A REMOTE ISLAND NEAR NEW IRELAND
6. AN OLD WW2 PLANE WRECK NEAR MADANG
7. OLD TUFI LADIES LAUGHING
8. THE PURPLE-BELLIED LORY - ONE OF THE MANY PARROTS IN PAPUA NEW GUINEA
9. A COLOURFUL YOUNG TUFI GIRL
10. ASARO MUDMEN AT THE MASK FESTIVAL - KOKOPO, EAST NEW BRITAIN
11. A RURAL SETTING NEAR MOUNT HAGEN
12. THE SPECTACULAR RABAUL VOLCANO, EAST NEW BRITAIN
13. SNORKELLING NEAR MADANG HARBOUR
Got a photo or an experience from Papua New Guinea you would like to share? Let me know in the comments below, or drop me an email! :)